The Event Editor can be found by locating Event Espresso in the WordPress Dashboard menus and then clicking on Events. Once on the Events Overview page, click on Add New Event button which appears at the top of the screen. In the example event that we’ll be using, we’ll focus on these areas of the Event Editor: Event Title, Event Description, Event Tickets & Datetimes, Event Registration Options, and Save New Event. Information about these options and others in the Event Editor can be found in the Help tab which appears in the top right corner of the screen.
Information for an example EBWN event:
- Title: Create Massive Influence with Your Own Workshops, Events and Retreats
- Description: Visit our Google Drive folder that contains the photo and event description
- Event Start: June 6, 2018 at 11am
- Event End: June 6, 2018 at 1:30pm
- Event Limit: 200
- Guest & Member Available Tickets: EBWN events include 5 types of tickets:
- Member Ticket (Log In Required)
- Member Bring A Friend (Log In Required)
- Member Half Table (Log In Required)
- Member Five Minutes of Fame (Log In Required)
- Sale Start: Typically the time you are ready to start selling tickets for this event
- Sell Until: Online registration closes the Monday prior to the event at 6:00pm
- Venue: Grandview Pavilion
Go to the previous event, copy and paste the code at the end of the description into the new event using the text tab.
Next, select the venue from the Venue Manager list.
If you are not the author of the event content, select the author from the dropdown menu.
Scroll back to the top of the page. Click the Save Draft button again.
Now, locate the Event Registration Options widget. The active status will show unknown since we are currently creating a new event. The next option allows you to specify the maximum number of tickets that can be bought per order. For example, if you wanted to limit a registrant (attendee) to buying 5 tickets at one time, then you would enter a 5 in the field.
Leave Display Ticket Selector set to Yes.
The field for Alternate Registration Page is useful if you want attendees to register through a separate URL. If you are new to Event Espresso, then leave this field blank. Next, you can enter a phone number (optional) for your event. Then you’ll want to select the Default Registration Status. A status of Pending Payment is recommended since it will allow your registrants (attendees) to make payments (if necessary). You can learn about the other options by viewing the help tab for the Registration Form Settings page.
Scroll down and find Event Categories. Select Monthly Meetings.
Scroll down again until you see Questions for Additional Registrants and select Personal Information.
Now double-check that your event information is correct: Title, Description, Event Tickets & Datetimes. Then locate the Update Event widget and click on the Save Draft button to review your event later or click on the Publish button to make your event live.
Congratulations on publishing your first event with Event Espresso! Now browse to your event on your website to see how it will appear to your registrants.
Be sure to toggle full screen in the bottom corner of the video and switch the quality to HD.